[Asterisk-Users] Unblocking incoming SIP

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Mon May 31 07:53:06 MST 2004

On 30/05/2004 at 21:35 Thor Atle Rustad wrote:

>I have just set up my first Asterisk, and I have the basics up an
>running.
>I have set it up with two SIP phones only. I can call between them, and I
>can call out to FWD phones. However, on receiving calls from FWD, my
>Asterisk blocks the calls with the following message:
>
>May 30 20:19:24 NOTICE[180236]: chan_sip.c:6397 handle_request: Failed to
>authenticate user <user> <sip:fwduser at fwd.pulver.com>. Obviously, I want
>FWD users to be able to call me without my registering them first.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Thor

Thor,

this is because some oh so clever person decided that the default 'security' option for
sip should be to reject anything that's not in sip.conf

put :

insecure=very

in your fwd definition in sip.conf

It was basically that everything had to authenticate... which the fwd number couldn;t because
it wasn;t defined in sip.conf.

Anything that's added to * that breaks how protocols work should be by default OFF not ON,
but that's just IMO...

Of course I find it quite funny that it's insecure=very, perhaps it should be:

make-SIP-work-how-it-is-supposed-to=yes

;)

Blah blah moo!

Andy