[Asterisk-Users] Odd behaviour with "asterisk -rx"

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Mon May 31 03:16:55 MST 2004

On 30/05/2004 at 22:10 Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>On Saturday 29 May 2004 16:53, Andy Powell wrote:
>
>If nobody appears to know, it's probable that they haven't done the
>experimentation necessary to show one result or another.  If you are
>concerned about this behavior, then it falls to you to do the
>necessary tests and prove it one way or the other, for the good of the
>community.
>
>There's a reason it's called a community -- sometimes you have to
>give, instead of just take.
>
>--
>Tilghman

Well, there are a number of resposes to this one...

1) If the recommendation (in the bug tracker) is to turn on blocking, but know one actually knows what the effect would be, well it's not much of a recommendation is it...

2) I think I *have* given something to the community, my getting started guide seems to have helped quite a few people get going, I'm in the IRC channel happy to help when I can but sometimes *I'd* like some help.

3) I *have* been testing it myself to see the effects.

you assume too much

Andy