[Asterisk-Users] Re: Caller ID with BT CD50

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun May 30 10:54:58 MST 2004

> Is distinctive ringing detection dependent on having caller ID (in the
> US)? I think it may be since setting usecallerid=no also turns off
> distinctive ringing detection.
>
> Also- is distinctive ringing and/or caller ID supported on the FXO
> ports of a TDM400? I have one that is behaving very differently than my
> x100p/x101p interfaces. It doesn't seem to be waiting to look for
> caller ID, and sees a double ring as two single rings in distinctive
> ringing. The x100p/x101ps will see each of the 2 rings, then see the
> first ring of the next set and think it is 3 rings in distinctive
> ringing- sometimes reporting an error about not receiving caller ID,
> making it look like it is looking for the caller ID as a delimiter for
> the first ring pattern (I have distinctive ringing but not caller ID).

Can't answer the callerid and dist ringing questions, but I replaced
to x100p's with a tdm04b and everything worked the same. One of those
pstn lines was a CO Centrex line with "one long, one short" ring followed
by callerid. A second line was a pots pstn line with one long followed
by callerid. Both worked out of the box, and still do. Running current
Head cvs with no internal modifications.

Best guess is that you've got something in the zaptel or asterisk
source directories that was not properly updated. If you've been doing
cvs update, you might rename those directories and do a cvs checkout.

I do see error relative to callerid once in awhile, and perception is
the tdm04b is more error prone then the x100p was. (Pure guess, maybe
8 of 100 calls received proper callerid with x100p, and maybe 6 or 7
are proper with tdm04b.

Aside from that, the chips on the tdm card are capable of far more
(per spec sheets) then what is currently implemented within asterisk,
and Mark has been adding code occasionally. Hopefully some of the echo
and other issues will soon decrease/disappear.