[Asterisk-Users] Re: Caller ID with BT CD50

Ben Witso benw at bgwcomp.com
Sat May 29 17:20:23 MST 2004

Is distinctive ringing detection dependent on having caller ID (in the
US)? I think it may be since setting usecallerid=no also turns off
distinctive ringing detection.

Also- is distinctive ringing and/or caller ID supported on the FXO
ports of a TDM400? I have one that is behaving very differently than my
x100p/x101p interfaces. It doesn't seem to be waiting to look for
caller ID, and sees a double ring as two single rings in distinctive
ringing. The x100p/x101ps will see each of the 2 rings, then see the
first ring of the next set and think it is 3 rings in distinctive
ringing- sometimes reporting an error about not receiving caller ID,
making it look like it is looking for the caller ID as a delimiter for
the first ring pattern (I have distinctive ringing but not caller ID).

Ben