[Asterisk-Users] Compiling under Suse 9.0

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat May 29 16:16:10 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 18:01, Vassilis Konstantinou wrote:
> I am trying to compile the latest CVS release of Asterisk under Suse 9.0
> zaptel and libpri compile without any problems but when I do a 'make
> install' in asterisk, it compiles ok until it reaches
> the cdr directory.
>
> There I get a number of error messages mainly whenever CONNECTION_BAD and
> CONNECTION_OK appear.
>
> Does anybody know what I am doing wrong? Or if there is something else I
> need to compile/include before trying the
> asterisk directory?

Looks like Asterisk, for some reason, thinks you want to use the
Postgress features for CDR and Voicemail.  I don't know why.  You don't
need these features to use Asterisk.

[root at fs-1 asterisk]# grep -r CONNECTION_BAD /home/software/asterisk/asterisk
/home/software/asterisk/asterisk/apps/app_sql_postgres.c:        if (PQstatus(karoto) == CONNECTION_BAD) {
/home/software/asterisk/asterisk/apps/app_voicemail.c:  if (PQstatus(dbhandler) == CONNECTION_BAD) {
/home/software/asterisk/asterisk/cdr/cdr_pgsql.c:               if (PQstatus(conn) != CONNECTION_BAD) {
/home/software/asterisk/asterisk/cdr/cdr_pgsql.c:       if (PQstatus(conn) != CONNECTION_BAD) {

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows