[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat May 29 10:49:08 MST 2004

Kevin Walsh wrote:

> I downloaded the latest version of your patch, from your website, and
> it works perfectly.  I had waited until I had some time available
> because I thought I'd have to play around with it for a while.

Great.   Just need to make sure that it still works for US lines and it's all set.

There's some debate whether to use this patch or to wait for one that uses
line reversal/guard tone detection...   there is the slight problem that the
X100P can't detect line reversal so it'd mean everyone upgrading their
hardware...  still, I have what 'works for me' and will continue hosting it
for a while whatever happens.

> I forget how I determined the cadence values, as it was some time ago.
> The values work for me.

Running asterisk in verbose mode prints the values out when it gets the
ring...  It's actually calculated as a repeated subtraction from a constant
value (400), so you're saying your dring1 is a single ring of length 33, and
your dring2 is a single ring of length 153.

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917