[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sat May 29 09:38:52 MST 2004

Tony Hoyle [tmh at nodomain.org]
> > That's the way the code is written (which is why you have 3 values in
> > the dring entry I think).  There's an assumption in the code that it
> > has 3 rings to compare with.
> >
> Actually it's worse than that...  there is actually no terminator in the
> code.
>
> [snip]

I downloaded the latest version of your patch, from your website, and
it works perfectly.  I had waited until I had some time available
because I thought I'd have to play around with it for a while.

Calls to the primary number gets put through when the first ring is
detected.  Calls to the secondary number are detected after the second
ring, which appears to be the way the code is written, as you said.
Caller*ID works in both cases.

I'm using the following in zapata.conf:

    dring1 = 367,0,0
    dring1context = incoming-pstn-personal
    dring2 = 247,0,0
    dring2context = incoming-pstn-business

I forget how I determined the cadence values, as it was some time ago.
The values work for me.

To sum up.  It all appears to be working nicely.  Good job!

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz