[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri May 28 14:10:14 MST 2004

Tony Hoyle [tmh at nodomain.org] wrote:
> Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > I applied your new patch but it resulted in the caller hearing a ring
> > tone but no phones actually ringing.  I don't have time to look into
> > it right now, but I'll take a look later and see what's going on.
> > I put my chan_zap.c back in and the re-tests were ok.
> >
> I've changed it around slightly as (I think) the last one will result in
> the phone getting the ringtone noise when they pick up.. it was
> bypassing the actual reading of the data, whereas it's better to read
> and ignore it.  I put that one on the web page.

Ok - now the phones ring but there are three problems:

    1. The distinctive ring is not recognised - both types of ring are
       directed to the same context.

    2. Callers to the primary number hear three rings before the phones
       actually ring.

    3. callers to the secondary number hear four rings before the phones
       actually ring, which is different from #2 and therefore indicates
       that something's happening.

The Caller*ID detection still works, which is always a bonus.

Did you make any changes elsewhere, or just to chan_zap.c?  I moved
my chan_zap.c, updated it from the CVS head and applied your patch.
All of the other files are patches as per your previous diffs.  After
testing, I put my chan_zap.c back, compiled, installed and it all
started working again.

Although I was able to do a couple of quick tests, I don't have time
to fix it up right now.  As I have distinctive ring, I may as well
hack the chan_zap.c for you and send you the results for review.  Once
I've done that, you can include the diffs in your master patch if you
like.

I probably won't have any time tomorrow so I'll take a look into this
on Sunday or (bank holiday) Monday.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz