[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Database

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Fri May 28 13:05:24 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 16:10, Ed Devine wrote:
> I'd like to be able to add additional fields to the the Asterisk
> database. I'm using Mysql for most of my data lookup and manipulation,
> and it seems to work pretty well. In keeping with what I know how to do,
> it would be very handy to be able to insert say a "call forward number"
> into a customer record. That way, I could automatically route calls to
> extensions to a forwarded number. Any suggestions on how this can be
> done?

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+configuration+from+database
I use method 2 to #include sections into my user configs & dialplan

I complement this with app_dbodbc to do lookups in my dial macro:
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+app_dbodbc

Dial macro then ensures that users' original voicemail is accessed if
the fwd'd extension is busy.