[Asterisk-Users] Problems with PPP internet T1

Patrick J. Conroy conroyp at contexttech.com
Fri May 28 08:31:43 MST 2004

Hello all,

We have a TE405P set up with span 1 running to a channel bank, a PRI running
into span 2, and a PPP internet T1 running into span 3.  We have the first 2
spans up and running without a problem.  We have hdlc compiled into the
kernel and after making the appropriate changes to zaptel.conf and loading
the zaptel, wct4xxp, and hldc modules we can bring up the third span with
the internet T1, but we can't seem to communicate with the ISP.  We ran the
following commands:

sethdlc hdlc0 ppp
ifconfig hdlc0 <our serial ip> pointopoint <isp gateway ip> netmask <isp
subnet mask> -arp

Now we can ping our serial ip, but can't ping the isp gateway ip.  ifconfig
shows us transmitting packets, but we don't receive any.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick