[Asterisk-Users] Downgrading Asterisk

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Fri May 28 09:32:34 MST 2004

The disconnect between HEAD and stable is what concerns me.  The fact that a
fix was put into Stable for the choppy audio on Cisco <-*->IAX that I
couldn't find in HEAD, and that didn't work when fetching and rebuilding
HEAD is what concerns me.  If it exists in stable (and works in stable), but
doesn't work in HEAD, I'm puzzled.  I worked at a very large development
shop whose software is used in mission critical public safety environments.
Changes would NEVER go into a release marked STABLE (and that were
consequently feature locked and bug fix locked) that weren't extensively
tested in the current development release. These changes would go into the
NEXT STABLE release, unless they were a show stopper type bug.  Also,
diffing the current HEAD between just a few revisions makes me quite
nervous, as a product that already has a STABLE branch shouldn't be showing
as much feature creep as this one does.

But, it's Open Source, and that's what you get sometimes.