[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Time to lock down v1.1?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri May 28 08:55:16 MST 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Rich Adamson wrote:
> > It's a known fact that bugs are not being fixed in Stable, and even Mark
> > has suggested no one should be running Stable in a production environment.
> >
> On the other hand, there's not many bugs open in the bug tracker. Feature
> requests and patches, but not bugs.
>
> If you are aware of bugs in stable or head, please report them a.s.a.p.
> so we can start fixing them.
>
> Life as a bug marshal has been quite easy for a while, with Mark fixing
> bugs like crazy and not many new bugs being reported. I guess you do not
> want the bug marshals to fall asleep and live a bug-free life :-)
>
> 1.0 will be the stable release. There hasn't been many fixes to that
> one lately, only MAJOR bug fixes has been applied. It will not be relased
> according to any plan, remember - this is Open Source. It will be released
> when considered stable with no open bugs.

Wew.. after reading the last post, I had to stop and think if I was going
crazy or not! Just for the record and to make sure that my understanding
is correct, 1.0 is frozen and no NEW features are being added to that
tree, correct? Aside from Major fixes, 1.0 is very near a release
candidate.

I might suggest that some of the IAX2 and SIP bugs (RTP Timestamps, etc..)
be applied to Stable (for all I know they already might be) but
otherwise, we start moving towards a 1.0-rc1 archive.

I'll RPM up whatever you guys decided to drop, and continue to run
1.0_stable on my production boxes and provide feedback to the Bug
Marshalls.

                             KP-216-121-ST