[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Time to lock down v1.1?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri May 28 07:37:52 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:
> It's a known fact that bugs are not being fixed in Stable, and even Mark
> has suggested no one should be running Stable in a production environment.

On the other hand, there's not many bugs open in the bug tracker. Feature
requests and patches, but not bugs.

If you are aware of bugs in stable or head, please report them a.s.a.p.
so we can start fixing them.

Life as a bug marshal has been quite easy for a while, with Mark fixing
bugs like crazy and not many new bugs being reported. I guess you do not
want the bug marshals to fall asleep and live a bug-free life :-)

1.0 will be the stable release. There hasn't been many fixes to that
one lately, only MAJOR bug fixes has been applied. It will not be relased
according to any plan, remember - this is Open Source. It will be released
when considered stable with no open bugs.

1.1 (today's head) is more of a "let's try if this works' release.
Please spend time testing it. Remember, CVS HEAD, is not meant to be
stable. Now and then, it might not even compile cleanly. It's
a developer's release, at some point in future aimed to be stable.

And, as always, when reporting, don't forget to report which version
you are running, on which platform.

/O