[Asterisk-Users] Wiki TOS - worrying for an open source project?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri May 28 08:11:32 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 08:37, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

Please do not trim out attribution tags.
The double quoted is from Julien Levi <jules at jlevi.co.uk>

> > What worries me most is that the current terms seem crafted so as to
> > ensure that should the people who run voip-info ever decide to remove
> > content, or stop hosting the wiki, it couldn't be mirrored anywhere else.
>
> Untrue.  Their terms about relinking or republishing are for COMMERCIAL use,
> unless I'm misreading something here.

The other part is that a wiki is really unmirrorable using normal
methods of mirroring a site. You need to just run the same software and
have the database behind it mirrored. I'm sure if the wiki is running a
new enough version of mysql, and the admin is willing, you could set up
a mirror of the database and then set up a full on replication. Mysql
supposedly supports replication, might want to put it to some use.