[Asterisk-Users] Silly incoming SIP failure

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu May 27 15:15:05 MST 2004

Hi again!

> i upgraded to the actual CVS head from yesterday (27.5.) but can not get
> incoming SIP calls from my provider (sipgate). If someone calls my
> number, my asterisk responds with the following error:

More details: SIP DEBUG on the called server reveals this:

   Found peer 'fwd-outgoing'

And here is sip.conf:

[fwd-outgoing]
type=peer
secret=xxxxx
username=12345
fromuser=12345
host=fwd.pulver.com

[fwd-incoming]
context=from-FreeWorldDialup
type=user
host=fwd.pulver.com

--> Now why does * match an _incoming_ FWD call to a _peer_ entry in
sip.conf? It then does a md5 challenge with the secret for this peer, and
of course that is bound to fail since the caller doesn't possess the
correct password.
Instead * should have matched either type=peer or type=friend and end up
finding [fwd-incoming] which doesn't have a secret set - unless I am very
mistaken, that is.

It appears that recent CVS has changed in regard to calling host
recognition?

Cheers, Philipp