[Asterisk-Users] Rejecting Calls (SIT Tone/Invalid) Across PRI

Tobias Jönsson asterisk at tobiasjonsson.se
Thu May 27 11:54:58 MST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Steven Sokol wrote:

> I have a client who wants to allow callers to dial a DID which connects
> over a PRI to Asterisk.  Asterisk will be analyzing the ANI data from
> each call to that DID and if it recognizes the ANI, it needs to
> effectively return an "Invalid Number" or "Not Found" some-such message
> across the PRI to prevent the user from being billed.

I have been looking for the same thing but chan_zap seems to be programmed
to acknowledge all incoming calls that there is a matching entry in
extension.conf for, which means ringing tones will be given before
starting the execution of application commands. But if there is no entry
for a call it will be rejected.

For example:
exten => 123456/456789,1,Hangup
exten => 123456/789012,1,Hangup

Calls from 456789 or 789012 will be hangup after one ringing tone (you
could run a AGI script here). Calls from other numbers will be rejected
immediately.

Regards,
Tobias Jönsson