[Asterisk-Users] Rejecting Calls (SIT Tone/Invalid) Across PRI

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed May 26 09:26:50 MST 2004

Question regarding a callback application:

I have a client who wants to allow callers to dial a DID which connects over
a PRI to Asterisk.  Asterisk will be analyzing the ANI data from each call
to that DID and if it recognizes the ANI, it needs to effectively return an
"Invalid Number" or "Not Found" some-such message across the PRI to prevent
the user from being billed.

Being a callback app, the system will then queue a callback to the party.

The question is... How do I make Asterisk tell the network to disregard the
billing and indicate to the caller that the callback has been scheduled?  Is
this possible?  Is this legal?

My fallback is simply to not answer the call if the ANI is recognized, then
queue the callback when the incoming attempt terminates (i.e. the caller
hangs up).

Steven Sokol
Owner/Manager
Sokol & Associates, LLC