[Asterisk-Users] CAPI / Channels

Julian Pawlowski lists at jp-solution.net
Thu May 27 07:59:57 MST 2004

> At time i am only testing / playing aready to learn more about asterisk.
> So I've simple installed it - installed the sample config files -
> installed two AVM Fritz Cards (patched the driver so that two cards will
> work) - installed chan_capi - everything seemed to work fine.. now i
> only want that i get the demo sound when i call my number (the next step
> would be that the call then gets redirected to an other number over the
> second ISDN card)

If your CAPI driver is installed successfully on the system, you would
only have to do 2 things to asterisk. First, your isdn.conf in the
asterisk configuration directory should look like this:

[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8
language=de

[interfaces]
mode=immediate
controller=1
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=default
msn=<enter one or more of your MSN here>
incomingmsn=*
echosquelch=1
echocancel=yes
echotail=64
callgroup=1
devices=2

You should not enter both cards here if they are connected to the same
providers PTMP because of trouble with D-channel (both cards would try
to do the same things...)

At last you have to add "load => chan_capi.so" in section modules in
modules.conf and "chan_capi.so=yes" in section global.

Restart asterisk and you should get the demo with your next call.

Regards

Julian Pawlowski