dialogic was RE: [Asterisk-Users] "Glare" condition - How well does asteriskhandle?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu May 27 07:06:27 MST 2004

>>I think that by using a higher level
>>dialogic library it should be possible
>>to avoid the NDA and licence issues
>>that intel/dialogic imposed on the low level drivers.
>>Thats what we have done on the gjtapi project, but I had a major dance
getting the
>>threading right for that, hence the request for help on the asterisk
threading model.
>>The really nice thing about using
>>the higher level library (global call)
>>is that it should support a range of
>>cards with minimal re-writes.

>>That said, the other strategy, dumping the dialogic and buying digium E1
cards looks
>>attractive, except that it looks like they wont work on NTL's PRI here in
the UK.

Not to mention that the Digium T1/E1 cards are about 1/5 the cost of
Dialogic's.  That said, it should be noted that the Dialogic cards allow
scaling to a much larger size within one chassis, thanks to heavy DSP
horsepower helping out with the low level chores.

Please tell us more about the problem with NTL implementation with Digium!

Regards
Scott Stingel

Scott M. Stingel
President,