dialogic was RE: [Asterisk-Users] "Glare" condition - How well does asteriskhandle?

tpanton at attglobal.net tpanton at attglobal.net
Thu May 27 06:32:00 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
__________
>On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 14:23, tpanton at attglobal.net wrote:
>> On which subject, has anyone else
>> got time to work with me on a chan_dialogicGC ? It looks do-able but I am ignorant of how asterisk does threading.
>
>Do you have GPL drivers for the dialogic card? Follow previous comments
>about licensing. There is a dialogic driver from Digium for a cost.

Yes, I looked into that.
I hope I'm not treading on digium's
toes with this....

I think that by using a higher level
dialogic library it should be possible
to avoid the NDA and licence issues
that intel/dialogic imposed on the low level drivers.
Thats what we have done on the gjtapi project, but I had a major dance getting the threading right
for that, hence the request for help
on the asterisk threading model.
The really nice thing about using
the higher level library (global call)
is that it should support a range of
cards with minimal re-writes.

That said, the other strategy, dumping the dialogic and buying digium E1 cards looks attractive, except that it looks like they wont
work on NTL's PRI here in the UK.