[Asterisk-Users] bug or feature?

Maveric maveric at easynews.com
Wed May 26 12:45:12 MST 2004

At 08:08 AM 5/26/2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, 26 May 2004, Maveric waxed:
>
> > I've noticed that when i pass a wait in an exten => that it doesn't allow
>
>Are you talking about the Wait() application ?
>'show application wait'
>
> > for dtmf tone input.  Also on another note i've noticed that when using
>
>Background() is what you want if you want to *wait* for DTMF.
>
> > gotoif it will also cut the dtmf tones and drop the first part if the
> > gotoif is hit in the middle of input.  Anybody else seen this or have this
> > problem?
>
>GotoIf should execute a lot faster than your fingers can
>push buttons to send DTMF.  Can you post the relevant
>section(s) of your extensions.conf ?
>
>--Chris
>

>--
>Chris Maj, Rochester
>cmaj_at_freedomcorpse_dot_com
>Pronunciation Guide: Maj == May

[easynews]
exten => s,1,SetVar,"COUNTER=0";
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,5,BackGround(${SOUNDSDIR}/thank-you-for-calling-easynews)
exten => s,6,BackGround(${SOUNDSDIR}/new-direct-dial-number)
exten => s,7,BackGround(for-billing)
exten => s,8,BackGround(vm-press)
exten => s,9,BackGround(digits/1)
exten => s,10,BackGround(${SOUNDSDIR}/new-customer-signups)
exten => s,11,BackGround(vm-press)
exten => s,12,BackGround(digits/2)
exten => s,13,BackGround(for-tech-support)
exten => s,14,BackGround(vm-press)
exten => s,15,BackGround(digits/3)
exten => s,16,BackGround(${SOUNDSDIR}/if-you-know-your-partys-extension)
exten => s,17,BackGround(vm-press)
exten => s,18,BackGround(digits/5)
exten => s,19,SetVar,"COUNTER=$[${COUNTER} + 1]";
exten => s,20,GotoIf,"$[${COUNTER} < 4]?23:21"
exten => s,21,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => s,22,Hangup
exten => s,23,Wait(0)

exten => 1,1,Goto(from-sip,1500,1)
exten => 2,1,Goto(from-sip,1505,1)
exten => 3,1,Goto(from-sip,1510,1)

exten => 5,1,Goto(ext-dial,s,1)
exten => 0,1,Goto(from-sip,1550,1)

exten => t,1,Goto(s,5)
exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)
exten => i,2,Goto(s,5)

It was much different before but this is how i worked around it.  Also i
was calling Background before the wait but i think the wait should still
allow input.