[Asterisk-Users] 79XX converting

Roger grunky at rockriver.net
Wed May 26 08:49:03 MST 2004

lists wrote:

>CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST THIS CONVERT IN A HOWTO OR FAQ
>
>This works!!!!
>Small twist I had to use signed loads so it was P0S353 is the OS79XX.txt and
>the SIPDEFAULT.cnf has the current load that I wanted to go to.
>
>Every other Doc or person that replied there howto never worked it may have
>been that I was on 5.0(1.1) SCCP which is a signed load but it never gave me
>the sign load error in tftp or on the phone before.

In your SIPDefault put

# Image Version
image_version: P0S30201

In you OS79XX.TXT put

P0S30201

Make sure in your tftp root director you have a file 'P0S30201' and it
should be have permissions of 755.

Next do a tcpdump

tcpdump host <ip of phone> and port 69

That way when the phone boots you'll have a listing of the filenames its
trying to transfer.

Remember once you upgrade past 5.0 you can't go back to a lower
version.  After 5.0 the SIP images are digitally signed.

--
Rock River Internet                          Roger Grunkemeyer
202 W. State St, 8th Floor                grunky at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                           815-968-9888 x102