[Asterisk-Users] bug or feature?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed May 26 07:59:49 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 09:33, Maveric wrote:
> I've noticed that when i pass a wait in an exten => that it doesn't allow
> for dtmf tone input.  Also on another note i've noticed that when using
> gotoif it will also cut the dtmf tones and drop the first part if the
> gotoif is hit in the middle of input.  Anybody else seen this or have this
> problem?

Wait() shouldn't take dtmf. It does seem odd till you realize that that
is why there is timeouts and a timeout extension. Basically, if you are
awaiting information from a user, just end your current priority and
allow the timeout in your context to work.

As for gotoif(), if you are processing dtmf and you start into a
extension, asterisk has determined a match existed and is following your
instructions. Only when you hit a point where you aren't telling
asterisk what to do should it start listening for DTMF again.