[Asterisk-Users] 11 instead of Star and how about #?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 26 06:03:39 MST 2004

> Also here in italy.....
> there is also another small problem, what happens if a called phone
> directory need to press the # to continue and # have a "transfer" mean for
> asterisk?

Not just in Italy, this has been my biggest beef with using *any* "normal"
DTMF to escape to asterisk.  I realize that the need for such a thing but to
have it hardcoded is a bad bad thing.

With Zap channels you can always hookflash to drop back to asterisk, and with
almost any SIP phone you have a transfer button so I'm not exactly sure why #
exists (perhaps from cell phones, where hookflash doesn't work?)

> It's possible to "escape" the # sequence????

Not that I am aware of.

Regards,
Andrew