[Asterisk-Users] CDR destination when user presses '#'

Frank Mandarino asterisk at spindrift.on.ca
Wed May 26 05:30:24 MST 2004

Mark Turner wrote:
> If '#' is pressed during a call the CDR that is written at the end of
> the call contains '#' in the dst / destination field rather than the
> number that was originally called.  How do I avoid losing that original
> number so that I can use the CDR for billing?
>
> I've tried not having a '#' target in extensions.conf and I've tried
> calling ResetCDR(w) in the '#' target hoping that would cause a CDR to
> be written with the original number but in both cases the CDR still
> contains '#'.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark.

Mark,

I'm not sure if this helps, but I have experienced the same problem with
the special 'h', 't', 'T', etc. extensions.  I worked around the problem
by saving the the original extension in a variable, then restoring it
using a Goto back to the original extension.

Perhaps something like this will work for you (I have not tested this):

exten => 5551212,1,SetVar(ORIG_EXTEN=${EXTEN})
exten => 5551212,2,Dial(Zap/5559999)
exten => 5551212,3,Hangup

exten => #,1,Goto(${ORIG_EXTEN},3)

Regards,