[Asterisk-Users] "Glare" condition - How well does asteriskhandle?

Storer, Darren starusers at comgate.tv
Wed May 26 05:00:14 MST 2004

Hi,

WKH> You are correct... No glare on a PRI

Really? I followed some of the regular advice that's dispensed on this list
and tried to RTFG. Interestingly it transpires that several hundred hits on
Google seem to imply that you're both wrong:

http://tinyurl.com/2vmrh

..and here are two PRI/Glare scenarios nicely documented by Intel (for their
Linux stack before someone mentions M$):

http://tinyurl.com/27her

and

http://tinyurl.com/27her

Perhaps we are disagreeing over use of terminology rather than an event that
can obviously occur. I understand why  Scott raises the issue especially
with the aggressive services that he supports using Asterisk. Perhaps Scott
could use his call loop-back stress tester code to model the problem and let
us know how Asterisk behaves in a test environment. (Although he might need
two * machines, back to back, to recreate real circuit contention problems.)

Just my 2c

Darren
--
Comgate