[Asterisk-Users] Downgrading Asterisk

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue May 25 18:42:11 MST 2004

> I upgraded to the latest HEAD version of asterisk, and all IAX calls started
> sounding choppy.  It was suggested on the IRC channel that I go back to
> asterisk -stable to determine if that fixes it.  Is downgrading as simple as
> upgrading?  Because now, -stable builds fine, but I get an error on the
> asterisk console when starting, something about "ast_get_txt"  not found.
> Recompiling and installing asterisk HEAD afterwards works just fine.
>
> As a side note, I recently upgraded my kernel to 2.4.26 and had an issue
> with old kernel headers, but have since resolved that prior to trying this
> downgrade.
>
> Any ideas?

There has been several updates to iax on Head cvs and one bug fix last week
to Stable. I've got multiple iax2 connections with various customers and
providers, and I firmly believe there are more bugs to be addressed.

Choppy audio seems to the norm for cisco 7960 users for a number of
different reasons including what is believed to be a cisco sip v6.x
problem. I've personally invested a significant amount of time trying
to diagnose the symptoms with a packet analyzer, and I can "see" many
of the issues, but don't have the programming skills to bring those
observations back into code. But, I'm not giving up and will continue
to help document the specifics so those with the skills can address
the issues.

Rich