[Asterisk-Users] No sound for MusicOnHold and SayDigits

Aaron Clauson aza_rc at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 15:39:59 MST 2004

Hi,

I am unable to get any music or sounds played with the
MusicOnHold or SayDigits commands. I do get sound from
the Playback and Background commands.

I have gone through the process of installing mpg123
and putting the link in usr/bin (and usr/local/bin).
For the MusicOnHold command I can see the call come
into * and the command get executed I just get no
sound on the phone. The * console messages are:

--Executing MusicOnHold("SIP/phone1-6b05", "") in new
stack
-- Started music on hold, class 'default', on
SIP/phone1-6b05

I am using a SIP Grandstream phone with no NAT between
it and *.

Excerpts from my configuration files are:

musiconhold.conf:
[classes]
default=>quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3

zapata.conf:
musiconhold=default

extensions.conf:
[sip]
exten=>9216,1,MusicOnHold()

As far as I am aware these commands have nothing to do
with whether or not there is a sound card present?

Thanks,
Aaron