[Asterisk-Users] 11 instead of Star

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Mon May 24 19:18:36 MST 2004

I have several older telephones with rotary dials that I would like to
use a working museum pieces.

I have everything working well except for those hard-coded codes that
start with *.

In the traditional phone world, dialing 11 in place of * works fine, ie,
someone could dial 1172 in place of *72 and so forth.

I'm thinking that a simple entry in extensions.conf ought to do the
trick, but I get nowhere using various configurations.

One such is:

exten => 1172,Goto(default,*72,1)

But, obviously, that didn't do the trick.

A quick search of the archives didn't turn up anything obvious.  So, I
have to ask:  Does anyone know if (and how) this can be done?

Thank you.