[Asterisk-Users] Newbie extensions.conf I need to include [SMS] context.

Gary Ruddock garyruddock at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 19:13:57 MST 2004

I want to include a new context in my exensions.conf

I have read this page http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+howto+dial+plan
and I can sort of follow it?!

I have a context [local] that I know zapata.conf points to, I have edited
extensions.conf and put in my phone, sip and iax extensions. I want to add
an sms context.

I understand that all calls go through my [local] context and I have other
contexts that get included into [local] for long distance and freefone
numbers.

At a guess would I put the code below in extensions.conf and include
[smsdial] into the [local] context? I have read a page on extensions.conf
parsing, would I include [smsdial] at the end of [local]?

Please help, cos I have to do the same for [fax].

[smsdial]       ; create and send a text message, expects number+message and
connect to 17094009
exten = _X.,1,SMS(${CALLERIDNUM},,${EXTEN},${CALLERIDNAME})
exten = _X.,2,SMS(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten = _X.,3,Hangup