[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon May 24 15:37:03 MST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> The CID specs look really simple... I'll definately have a go at
> implementing something like it.  Just need to find a spec sheet for the
> Intel chipset in the FX100/FX101 (to see if you somehow see the pulse
> that comes just before the ring - I always wondered why phones tended to
> blip a second before starting to ring these days.. now I know).

Got my FX101 today, and it worked straight away (almost, there was a bug in
the driver..).  You can sample the line on-hook, so a CID driver looks doable
...  Howver I found out that there was no CID info being transmitted before
the ring.

Guess what... BT actually charge a monthly rental fee (£1.50 or ~$2.40 per
month) for providing this information.  Gotta love state monopolies hmm? Hope
they don't take too long provisioning it...

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917