[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun May 23 05:34:00 MST 2004

Karl Dyson wrote:

> Of course, although my wife is happy with the Cisco 7905s that have
> sprung up around the house, she still likes the cordless DECT units we
> have, and so they're plugged into an ATA186. Problem is, they no longer
> display caller id due to the ATA186 not poking it out in BT format I
> guess. If I were to buy some US cordless handsets would they do the
> caller id display? Or am I pushing my luck now! (I'm afraid, nice as
> they look, the Cisco 7920 cordless phones are a bit out of my price
> range!!)

If you had CID to start with, I'd expect it to work - eg. you wouldn't get it
from the POTS line but if a VOIP call came in and the ATA186 retransmitted
that in US format then a US handset would pick it up.

The CID specs look really simple... I'll definately have a go at implementing
something like it.  Just need to find a spec sheet for the Intel chipset in
the FX100/FX101 (to see if you somehow see the pulse that comes just before
the ring - I always wondered why phones tended to blip a second before
starting to ring these days.. now I know).

Tony

--
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917