[Asterisk-Users] Problem receiving a fax with RxFAX

Darryl Ross spam at afoyi.com
Mon May 24 00:19:18 MST 2004

Hey All,

I've been trying to get SpanDSP / RxFAX to work in order to set up a
soft-fax machine on my asterisk system.

I have asterisk CVS-04/08/04-10:06:15 and spandsp 0.0.1. This is on a
Fedora Core 1 with 2.4.26 kernel.

I have tried to look for a newer version of the spandsp stuff, but
opencall.org does not seem to exist in DNS any more. (If it's moved
location, can someone please update the Wiki -
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+fax ??)

Anyway, I have got it compiled and installed ok. When I try to receive a
fax, it does not seem to complete handshaking with the sending machine.
The comment from the person sending me the test-fax was that it sounded
"too fast".

Does anyone have any ideas? Calls are coming in via an isdn4linux
interface if it would make any difference.

Regards
Darryl