[Asterisk-Users] RxFAX generates no tiff file

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Sun May 23 17:32:20 MST 2004

Steve,

We have no frame slips, so we probably have a frame slip problem ;-)

This may be plaguing us on our faxing. Gain and echo cancelation (ie: none)
are all approximately correct, and yet still we cannot get reliable faxing
through the POTS lines plugged into our FXO card on the Adit (whereas we can
fax well when using the POTS lines directly). Faxing T1 -> T1 via a TE405P
works well, ... it's only when we try to use the connection to the Adit (24
fxs_ks channels in a T1) that things go horribly wrong.

Is there any sure-fire way to detect frame slips? I see a counter for IRQ
misses with zttool, but that's all. In my Adit600 I see lots of measures of
errors (line errored seconds, controlled slip seconds, bursty errored
seconds etc) but they're all zero.

Am I missing an obvious way to detect./observe these events?

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer