[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Sun May 23 05:46:05 MST 2004

> If you had CID to start with, I'd expect it to work - eg. you wouldn't
get
> it
> from the POTS line but if a VOIP call came in and the ATA186
retransmitted
> that in US format then a US handset would pick it up.

But once I can get the cid working, I'm hoping I can persuade the DECT
units to pick it up.... obviously the 7905s display CID happily..... but
currently only from each other, or incoming IAX calls.

>I always wondered why phones tended to blip a second before
> starting to ring these days.. now I know).

Me too..... suddenly dawned on me recently that old phones would blip
due to the CLI coming through moments before the "ring"....

http://www.star.net.uk