[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun May 23 04:16:39 MST 2004

Karl Dyson wrote:

> Well, I have a USR015630B, which, according to the FAQ supports (UK)
> CLI. It supports the at #cli command, but no matter what I try, it will
> not pick up the caller id. Lucky I already had it and didn't buy it
> soley for this purpose! My caller display unit (unfortunately a CD60 --
> which I've opened to look for CD50 like boards, chips etc) picks up CLI
> no problem (as you'd expect), as do my DECT phones..... of course, only
> when they're plugged into the line, and not when they're plugged into
> the ATA186.

I have a USR modem too but it's a brick unfortunately...  Pity as it was
a nice modem... the right model too so it might have worked.

I wonder what it would take to get the zaptel drivers to pick up CID (or
even a cheap conexxant modem or something like that) - these soft modems
are pretty dumb so I'd expect there to be some scope for frobbing them
to do new stuff.

Tony