[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID with BT CD50

Karl Dyson kd at junesta.com
Sun May 23 02:46:09 MST 2004

Well, I have a USR015630B, which, according to the FAQ supports (UK)
CLI. It supports the at #cli command, but no matter what I try, it will
not pick up the caller id. Lucky I already had it and didn't buy it
soley for this purpose! My caller display unit (unfortunately a CD60 --
which I've opened to look for CD50 like boards, chips etc) picks up CLI
no problem (as you'd expect), as do my DECT phones..... of course, only
when they're plugged into the line, and not when they're plugged into
the ATA186.

I will be persuading someone I know to swap the USR for a Hayes modem
later today to see if that will do it..... otherwise out will come the
soldering iron, and eBay will see me bidding on CD50s!

Cheers,

Karl

Pace,

http://www.star.net.uk