[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk slashdotted

tmpm tmpm at softhome.net
Sun May 23 04:09:45 MST 2004

Yes, BRAVO!
The more read about it the merrier....and the more participation.
I've had this discussion with peers recently, the overpriced land-line
model is dying a swift death...I don't know HOW many people I've talked to
who have said "FSCK" the phone company...and these people are ones who
don't have a clue about linux, let alone *, they want something, anything,
that tells the overpriced bell-ski's to "SHOVE IT", and they're willing to
cooperate...to that end, we're making progress.
The aim is to provide toll quality, and this product allows everyone to BE
their own phone switch, and once you show them the features, their eyes bug
out, and their jaws drop....inevitably followed by, "when can I get it"?
Doesn't matter the size of the operation, I've had bars, small businesses,
homeowners, everyone who can appreciate the idea that THEY, not some
slovenly bell-co can have their own dialing plan, and be their own destiny
is falling all over themselves to get it.

WE ARE the future of telephony, lets act like it, lets get a generic,
bulletproof model out there, and let the consumers have a go at
it...they're chomping at the bit to do so....I envision something like a
model someone with a bit of savvy can administer from a html page like they
set up their wireless access point...forms, fill in the blanks...am I
wrong? I don't think so...
Right on brothers and sisters, WE ARE the 21'st century model of phone
service, and the slashdoting is a free plug we should be thankful
for...again as we all know, the open source model is champion...its YOU who
make it work....thank you all, theres some real brain trust here......many
will follow our lead...lets rock...