[Asterisk-Users] fwd on busy when calling multiple extensions at once

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Sat May 22 14:49:21 MST 2004

Tor Roberts wrote:

> Hi,
> I am setting up a dispatch center where will have 4 call takers, all
> with Polycom IP 600 Sip phones. Each phone will be setup with 6
> extensions each. When a new call comes in, the first extension on all
> the phones will ring. This works fine, the problem is when one of the
> dispatchers is already using her first extension and another call comes
> in. What happens now is that the remaining 3 phones ring on the first
> extension, but the dispatcher who is on a call, her phone does not ring.
> I want her second extension ring along with the other 3 phones first
> extensions.
>
> In sip.conf I have all the extensions set to incominglimit=1 and the
> pertinent part of extensions.conf is:
>
> exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/5000&SIP5001&SIP5002&SIP5003,20,tr)
> exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/5004&SIP5005&SIP5006&SIP5007,20,tr)
>
> and so on.
>
> If anybody has any insight, or a better solution, that would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Tor Roberts

OK.  The following assumes that your phones have 4 phones with 2 lines a
piece.

Phone 1: 5000, 5004
Phone 2: 5001, 5005
Phone 3, 5002, 5006
Phone 4, 5003, 5007

Adapt it as you choose.

It will ring all four phones at a time.  If "line 1" of a phone is busy,
it will ring line 2 of that phone.  This is off the top of my head and
hadn't been tested on my asterisk server but, I'm pretty sure it will
work.  I have a few lines set up in this manner.

[extensions]
exten =>
s,1,Dial(LOCAL/5000 at extensions&LOCAL/5001 at extensions&LOCAL/5002 at extensions&LOCAL/5003 at extensions,20,tr)
exten => s,2,hangup

exten => 5000,1,Dial(SIP/5000)
exten => 5000,2,hangup
exten => 5000,102,Dial(SIP/5004)