[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk firewall config

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Sun May 23 01:43:17 MST 2004

Hi.

Il dom, 2004-05-23 alle 01:52, Tony Hoyle ha scritto:
> Surely it depends on who's calling me - if they're using a SIP phone it'll
> come in over the SIP port, and if they're using an IAX phone it'll come in
> over the IAX port - ie there's this context in the default iax.conf:
>
> [guest]
> type=user
> context=default
> callerid="Guest IAX User"

for letting unauthorized user to call you over IAX(2).
Like a pstn call... everyone can call you if the have your
number (or IP in Voip calls)
If you don't want that, just delete that entry :)

> btw. how many rtp streams do I need?  I only have 1 phone at the moment (max.
> will be about 4 I think).

mmh... I dunno the values of that association, but
bear in mind that:
* are only UDP ports
* are opened only during a RTP session, in a dynamic way

so leaving open ports 10000 to 20000 UDP as in default rtp.conf
isn't a problem, since there's not any port open...
(unless you run any udp service on that interval :) )
and a portscan will detect these port as closed.

only during a call, * and the phone will handshake an RTP
port and use that. otherwise will be closed.

Matteo.
--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl