[Asterisk-Users] e164.org

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat May 22 20:17:48 MST 2004

Dean Collins wrote:

> Hi Tony, it is the same duane - lol you are hardly allowing it to
> perform least cost routing, it just does one check for ip to ip call
> then drops back to whatever you have written on your asterisk.

So eg. if I've registered 3 different sip providers and an IAX provider,
plus a couple of landlines what
is it doing?  I guess I'm missing the point somewhere.

The way I understand it is you pass it a phone number and it gives you a
prefferred route to that number, which may be VOIP and may be POTS or
from the looks of it MSN and lots of other things (including ldap???!!).

You then pass that result straight into a Dial command, which means it
could potentially do absolutely anything, including call the chinese
speaking clock at peak rate.

TBH I'd prefer a web page where you typed the number and it listed the
alternatives (in perference order if it liked) so I could make the
decision myself.  Using DNS for this seems to be overkill.

Tony