[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk firewall config

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Sat May 22 15:50:15 MST 2004

Hi

Il dom, 2004-05-23 alle 00:11, Tony Hoyle ha scritto:
> The asterisk wiki states that it needs SIP, IAX2, IAX and RTP open to the
> world to work.  Is this necessarily true, or does it only need some of these
> outgoing?
all depends on what you need to do.
if you use only zap channels and no Voip, perhaps
the only port you need to open is ssh (if using it, of course)

if you plan to do only IAX, only port 4569 UDP needs to be opened.
but if you plan to do only sip you need only port 5060 UDP
and 10000 to 20000 UDP for sip rtp stream (configurable
into rtp.conf)

so... all depends :)

> I'm concerned as anyone that could guess an extension number&password could
> use my server to make outgoing calls.  It would help if the extensions had a
> netmask/allowable IP setting like the iax.conf file uses, but there isn't one
> documented...
mmmh... setting into the extension seems to me the same as setting
into iax.conf (or sip.conf), or not?

otherwise... use very strange passwords along with superstrange
usernames.... I bet someone to get a login data like
username : 2h729872pcnt
with pw  : inr2.f2f2232DDFW3r

or not :) ?

--