[Asterisk-Users] Re: Sipura and STUN (was: rejected NOTIFY re quests)

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Sat May 22 13:04:35 MST 2004

Beyond this, you can still just use the NAT keepalive in the Sipura.
While It only  provides for either a NOTIFY or REGISTER (which both
generate errors in asterisk) if you change it to something else (I just
have it send blank, but a few ... or anything will do) asterisk won't
complain and the data is sent every few seconds, keeping the firewall
open.

I've also found setting the register to something low (I use 300s) also
helps when you do have to use qualify, in case asterisk loses the
connection the device will only be offline until the next register.

-Steve