[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic SIP.CONF

Pablo Endres epablo at comvoz.com
Sat May 22 10:45:49 MST 2004

What I do is have a cron with a perl script that recreates a sip-db.conf
(which has an #include in the sip.conf) then do a sip reload.

I's rather simple, all you have to write a temp and diff, if its
changed replace and reload, if not don't do a thing.

Do the same with extensions

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 12:39, Fran Boon wrote:
> Darren Nay wrote:
> > We are looking to expand our usage of Asterisk and I am trying to make as
> > much of the configuration dynamic as I possibly can.  The only part that I'm
> > having problems with is sip.conf.  I can get asterisk to register each
> > extension with our local SER SIP proxy dynamically by using the
> > "sipfriends" table in the database, but I'm having trouble with the message
> > waiting indicators (ie. SIP NOTIFY packets when a new voicemail is waiting).
> -SNIP-
> > Is there a way to make this dynamic so that I don't have to add this into
> > sip.conf -every- single time that I add a new extension?
>
> Only by extending the functionality of sip friends to include this extra
> field...
>
> I wouldn't bother doing this as ast_data (formally res_data) is being
> developed to replace sip/iax friends.
> If you want to take a sneak preview at this then see:
> http://svn.asteriskdocs.org/res_data/ast_data/
>
> > I tried the following, but it didn't work ..
> > [default]
> > type=peer
> > host=dynamic
> > dtmfmode=inband
> > username=${EXTEN}
> > Mailbox=${EXTEN}
> > Am I on the right track, or way off base? :-)
>
> Way off base ;)
> That kind of syntax only works in extensions.conf

Pablo Endres <epablo at comvoz.com>
ComVoz Comunications