[Asterisk-Users] RTP timestamps (was: AArgh, * and the 7960)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri May 21 06:12:11 MST 2004

> Problems (just for bkw):
>  1. Stable does not include the "major" iax2 fixes that were corrected last
> month 2. Head has a iax2/gsm sequence number issue
> both result in choppy audio when transcoded to sip on Cisco phones.
>
> As has been noted MULTIPLE TIMES on this list, there is no realistic
> combination of cvs code that we can use, period. And since at least some
> of us are not programmers, we're simply body slammed by the arrogant few.

I presented a stopgap solution to this list earlier this week (TDMoE between
two * boxes to give you clean RTP timestamps to the Ciscos connected to *1,
and *2 to the world)

I agree it's not ideal *BUT* it is a solution, and a cheap-as-hell one, too.
I'm sure you've got i686-class machine with 64MB and a 2GB HDD around that
you can put a couple of ethernet cards in to for the moment.

-A.