[Asterisk-Users] asterisk-providers mailing list?

Reed Wade reed at cadre5.com
Thu May 20 11:50:58 MST 2004

John Todd wrote:

>   Would providers actually contribute meaningful discussion and data on
> such a list?  My experience shows that the majority of providers that I
> know (and have worked with or for) and who use Asterisk have not once,
> ever, posted anything to either the -dev list or the -users list.  That
> number is more than ten and less than thirty, to be suitably vague.  In
> fact, the only activity on any VoIP list or organizations from any of
> the providers I've worked for seems to be... me.

Well, there's Jeremy, the NuFone guy. I can imagine he'd like a place he
can send out notes regarding NuFone topics and responding to issues that
may come up.

Absent others, and in any case I would expect users with experience with
other providers would provide the bulk of the info.

Maybe -biz is already the right place and it's mandate could be
clarified or expanded.

-reed