[Asterisk-Users] Tellabs 2572 Configuration Advice?

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Thu May 20 09:58:33 MST 2004

Jeff Noxon wrote:

>Can anyone share any advice / documentation on how to configure a Tellabs
>2572 T1 echo canceller?  I connected one between a T100P and an Adtran
>TA750 FXO/FXS channelbank, but when echo cancellation is active I get
>a LOT of snap-crackle-pop (and other problems) on the line.
>
>The 2572 has a bunch of configuration options and they're impossible to
>guess without documentation, which I cannot find anywhere.  I've registered
>for the Tellabs portal both recently and in the past 6 months, but I never
>heard back from them.
>
>Any help at all would be appreciated!
>
>Regards,
>
>Jeff

I'm using a 2571 between a T100P and Premisys CB with really good success.

I could never seem to master the push buttons on the front of the card.
The menu-driven, serial hookup in the back of the card cage is much
superior.

I use mincom set for 9600 baud, 7 bit, even parity.  Type @1 to get the
attention of the first card. Also, all commands must be in upper case.

The menus pretty much guide you through the setup. If you still have
problems, I'll send you some screen snaps of my config.

Good luck,
Steve