[Asterisk-Users] G729 codec for asterisk

pesb pesb at conexion.com.py
Thu May 20 08:58:49 MST 2004

Hi there,
             Here at my company we are willing to use the asterisk IVR system.
The problem we are having rigth now is that all our GWs use G729.
I've read that in order to asterisk be able to make transcoding from the GSM
audio files to G.729, it is necesary to purchase a license from digium. Is
this correct?

I've seen that licenses are purchased on a per-channel basis. Could we make
some sort of agreement on having a no-limit channel license? Even, we would
like to have the possibility of installing it on how many machines we wish to
do.

I am really in a hurry here. Please answer as soon as possible.

             Pablo Salinas
         R&D - CONEXION S.A.
     Asuncion - Paraguay (S. America)
          Phone:595-21-440104