[Asterisk-Users] Concept for line appearances and bridging: anyone?

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Wed May 19 19:19:08 MST 2004

parts (1) to (3) looks like SIP parallel forking. Our local telco is
rolling out IP centrex, and this is one of the features they're
advertising. In theory, you can have 1 number and 5 phones all
registered to the same number. When incoming call, all 5 will ring. The
first to pick up will get the call. SER from IPtel does this as well.

I'm not sure if part (4) can be achieved conveniently. I supposed you'll
need some kind of barge-in function. Off the top of my head, I suppose
it can be achieved in Asterisk using the manager api.