Caller ID Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Support Digium

Charlie Hedlin charlie at hedlin.com
Wed May 19 13:09:35 MST 2004

Kevin Walsh wrote:

>Jon Lawrence [jon at lawrence.org.uk] wrote:
>

>>I emailed sales at digium asking whether the new module supported
>>international (ie non bellcore) cli. The answer was yes, but it's not yet
>>implemented in the driver - driver implementation is in the pipeline
>>apparently. Whether this means that the detection is in the hardware or
>>not I don't know.
>>

>I'll take that to mean that the support is in the hardware, which is
>very good news.
>
>The Digium shop (http://store.yahoo.com/asteriskpbx/newitd1pofxo.html)
>says that I must have PCI 2.2 to make use of the card, so that probably
>rules out the current machine I'm using, which is an old Pentium II
>300-ish.  I don't really know how to tell which PCI version that server
>is using, but I doubt that it's up to date.
>
>Someone on IRC once pointed out the conflict between "suggested" and
>"must" on a similar page and said that their TDM400P (FXS-only at the
>time) was working on a PCI 2.1 system.  Can anyone confirm whether a
>PCI 2.2 bus is mandatory?  Perhaps I need to throw the server out along
>with the X101P card before I can order a TDM400P and a shiny new FXO
>module.
>
>The same Digium shop page suggests that two PCI slots would be required.
>I'll assume the card is too fat, with the daughter board(s) fitted, to
>fit into a single slot.
>
>The "BT CD50 and soldering iron" plan is looking more and more like the
>one I'll be going with for now.  If anyone has a pre-modified (and working)
>BT CD50, or similar, and would like to sell it to me then please feel
>free to email me off-list, otherwise I'll order the parts and have a go
>myself.

I bought the TDM11B (TDM400P with 1 FXS and 1 FXO module) and put it in
last week.  Works great and my system is a Dual PPro MB (dual PII 333Mhz
Overdrive processors installed) w/ a PCI 2.1 bus.  I was planning on
using it as an excuse to upgrade the system, but now I don't have to.

the PCI sig states that PCI 2.2 was a clarification revision as well as
adding a standard for 3.3v operation (The TDM400P is a universal card).
I would expect that with PCI 2.1 it may or may not work and I wouldn't
expect them to take it as a return or support it.

Charlie